Friday 16 September 2011

Why do we have eyebrows?

Everyone has wondered this right??

Whats the deal with them? You can't miss mine, mine are huge but other people have thin ones. I can never understand why people wax them off then draw a line were they should be. To me that seems silly because it's a pen, but also just trim the top and bottom. Unless of course you went to a house party and fell asleep. They always only do one eyebrow don't they?! So you have to shave the other one off even if you don't want to. Thats never happened to me, but I did look in the mirror one day in my school day's and picked up a razor, then looked back and the mirror and thought it would be a great idea to shave a bit off in the side, it backfired. The razor was a big one and it took quite a lot off. I didn't know what to do, I tried putting a cap on to go downstairs and have dinner but it didn't cover it up. There was just no way to hide it so I just took it. I didn't even get passed the door without my Mum opening her mouth. I think my comeback was "It's all the rage now"  School wasn't great the next day I remember...

So why do we have eyebrows expect to make a fool of yourself.  We would look silly without them, or with a bit missing. There is actually no real answer but the best one is:

eyebrows help keep moisture out of our eyes when we sweat or walk around in the rain. The arch shape diverts the rain or sweat around to the sides of our face, keeping our eyes relatively dry. The most obvious advantage of this is that it lets us see clearly when we're sweating a lot or out in the rain. Without eyebrows, getting around in these conditions is a little more difficult. The shape of your brow itself diverts a certain amount of moisture, but eyebrows make a significant difference in your ability to see. Diverting 
the sweat away is also good because the salt in sweat irritates the eyes, making them sting a little.


Thats a pretty good answer right?


Why do we still have head bands for sport then? If this news spread I don't think they'd ever make a profit again. Wrist bands on the other hand would probably still do ok. I wonder if its the same company that made them...  

2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from California USA I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus in 2016 and I have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try , when i contact this herbalist via his email and he prepared a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was totally cured of this deadly virus within 14days of usage, I am now free from the deadly virus called herpes, all thanks to doctor UMA, Contact this great herbal doctor via his email dr.umaherbalcenter@gmail.com call or whatsapp him on his mobile number +2347035619585,
    He also have the herb to cure:
    (1) CANCERS,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV/AIDS,
    (4) PENIS ENLARGEMENT,
    (5) PREGNANCY,
    (6) DIABETES,
    (7) EX BACK.

    ReplyDelete